This has been a difficult week. A lot of mental changes and adjustments, teaching myself to stay off the scale daily and let my body do what it needs to do for an entire week to show true change.
You may remember I was beating myself up a bit for indulging in Mexican food last night… the night before my weigh in. I’m learning not to beat myself up for every bad decision I make. If I can’t put a stop to that, I’ll be nothing short of a walking bruise.
Some things I’ve learned this week, and some I already knew…
1) DEFINITELY count on your support system to hold you accountable! This is VITAL. I can’t stress enough how much it helped me knowing I OWED you all something every day.
2) You can make a couple of not-so-good choices during a week and they won’t all come back to haunt you, if you can…
3) STAY OFF THE SCALE daily! I have mentioned before how this nasty habit would make or break my DAY, depending on what I would see that morning. Believe it or not, this wasn’t as difficult to do as I thought it would be.
4) Hydration is KEY. Hydrate before, during and after any workout. Anything your body doesn’t need to keep itself fueled will be expelled, and that is always a good thing!
5) When you think you are “OK” with your physical activity for the week, don’t ever pass up a chance to go with a friend or partner if they ask and you can possibly make the time. You never know if you have inspired that person or if they are trying to do their part to keep you motivated, but either way, it’s great for the both of you.
So, I suppose you want to know how I did this week at my weigh-in? Maybe? Just a little? Well, I’m happy to report that my weight is DOWN 5.4 pounds from last Sunday. THAT, my friends, is motivation to keep going!
Thank you, once and again, from the bottom of my heart for all of the support, encouragement, motivation and challenges. Speaking of challenges, I need more this week. Keep ’em coming. I’ll get to them!